Archive for May, 2011
Posted on 26. May, 2011 by admin.
- 12.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor and DIGIC 4 Image Processor for high image quality and speed.
- ISO 100 - 6400 for shooting from bright to dim light.
Improved EOS HD Movie mode with expanded recording [HD: 30p (29.97) / 25p], and with in-camera movie editing options.
- High speed, reliable 9-point AF system utilizing a high precision, f/5.6 cross-type center point.
- Enhanced metering with a 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system for accurate metering between exposures.
- 3.0 fps continuous shooting up to approximately 830 JPEGs or 2.0 fps for approximately 5 RAW.
- 2.7-inch wide TFT LCD monitor (230,000 dots) with Live View function for improved viewing.
- Express your creativity with ease using advanced imaging features like the new Basic+ function, Quick Setting function and Creative Auto.
- New Feature Guide offers short descriptions of each function and Quick Control screen for easy operation.
- Compatibility with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards.
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.
Posted on 26. May, 2011 by admin.
Tired of harsh shadows in your pictures? Need a consistent method to accomplish group portraits with ease and speed? New to using a Speedlite and overwhelmed at the learning curve? A Gary Fong Lightsphere is the solution! The science behind this product is simple... by aiming a Speedlite straight into the air and through a diffuser (in this case, the Gary Fong Lightsphere), only a soft portion of the light will hit the subject. No more harsh, directional light!
Here is why it's so easy:
In most situations while using a Gary Fong product, both your camera and speedlite will be on their automatic settings... (Camera: Program mode, Speedlite: TTL). The only setting that will change is your ISO, which should be 800 if indoors or 100 if outdoors. This is all you have to remember, making it so easy to focus on your clients!
Please come in and see us for an in-person demo! Other Gary Fong products we carry include the Lightsphere Universal Pro Kit, Starter Kit, Cloud, Half Cloud, and Power Snoot.
Posted on 17. May, 2011 by admin.
This month's National Geographic Magazine features an article by Tom O'Neill about Abelardo Morell, an artist/photographer specializing in the Camera Obscura technique. This article is well worth viewing for its beautiful examples of the artist's work, not to mention a video describing how to turn a room in your house into an inverted landscape... that is, if you want to cover your windows in black plastic and have your only light source be a dime-sized hole.
Posted on 10. May, 2011 by admin.
The New York Times Magazine had a nice article by A. O. Scott this past weekend called 'Capturing a Single Moment of Perfect Stillness: Amid a blizzard of digital images, what is the worth of one photograph?'. We hope that by reading it, you'll consider the impact that democratization of photography is having on a global culture. Your comments/reactions are welcome!
Posted on 06. May, 2011 by admin.
Columbus Camera Group Photo Contest
April 2011 Theme: Signs of Spring
1st Place: Tonya Cook
(Canon 50D with 18-55mm lens)
2nd Place: Nicholas Thompson
(Nikon D60 with 50mm f2.2, 1/400, 200 ISO)
Taken March 26, 2011 in St. Louis Missouri. Morning was a gorgeous spring morning and then around 1pm it began to snow heavily. This clover was tucked under a park bench in a public flower garden near Washington University.
3rd Place: Edita Dibrani
(Canon Rebel XS, 50mm 1.4 USM)
Butterflies at the Franklin Conservatory in Columbus.
Runners Up: Michelle King, Sonya Covert
Our May 2011 theme is... ANIMALS! Click here for details.
Posted on 05. May, 2011 by admin.
We are pleased to announce that this summer marks our 30th year in business, and to celebrate we have redesigned our website to better integrate our customers with the main facets of our business. The main features of our new site are:
- Selling and trading your equipment - Simply fill out the easy-to-use form to receive a fast quote via email or phone.
- Following our ever-changing eBay inventory with the live eBay feed.
- Watching for deals and special announcements on our business Facebook page through the Facebook tab.
- Participating in our monthly photo contest - Get info on themes and guidelines, and view the winners' photo gallery.
- Searching our new and used inventory database - Read more about products typically seen in our shop, including film, digital, darkroom, and studio lighting.
- Reserving rentals from our extensive list of pro camera bodies, lenses, and lighting.
- Contacting us for more information about hours, location, policies and more - We are always here to help guide you!